CCS Designation Renewal for 2019 is Now Open
Happy New Year!
Congratulations to all CCS designates who acquired 20 professional development points in 2018! You are eligible to renew your designation for 2019.
The renewal is now open until March 1, 2019.
If you are paying for your renewal, please refer to section 1. If you expect to be covered by your employer’s MOU arrangement with the CSCB, please refer to section 2.
1. If you are paying for your renewal, here is how to do that:
- a. Login to your account at https://cscb.ca/user
(If you don't remember your password, please go to this address: http://cscb.ca/user/password and enter the email address where you received this message. You will then be emailed a link to reset your password.)
- b. Once logged in, you will see a notice: "Your CCS designation is up for renewal! Click here to pay for your designate renewal".
- c. Complete the short form and follow the steps to provide payment, using either a credit card or cheque.
2. If you expect to be covered by an MOU
An MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) is an agreement between some CSCB licensed customs broker member firms and the CSCB where the employer covers the cost of CCS annual renewal. It is the participating employer that chooses who is covered by this agreement. However, it is the responsibility of the designate to make sure your designation is renewed in time.
To check whether you are covered by an MOU, please go to: My Account > My CCS > Privacy Settings & MOU
Review your Privacy Settings to ensure you agree to:
1) release CCS designation status to my current or future employer.
2) release CCS professional development points status to my current or future employer.
If needed, click ‘Update Privacy Settings’ to update.
Then review Covered by MOU? If it says Yes, your employer has indicated that they intend to pay for you. If it says No, please contact your employer to arrange to be included.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
We wish you a great professional development year!