We are proud to announce that the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) has been accepted as the first and only Canadian institution to the International Network of Customs Universities (INCU).
The INCU is an international not‑for‑profit organisation established to:
- promote the academic standing of the Customs profession;
- promote academic excellence in Customs matters;
- generate research and greater public awareness of Customs matters;
- provide the World Customs Organization and other organisations with a single point of contact with universities and research institutes that are active in the field of customs research, education and training; and
- provide a global resource for governments and the private sector, and an educational source for students wishing to further their knowledge in the field of customs, international trade, and logistics.
The INCU provides a mechanism for progressively establishing a knowledge base on various important aspects of Customs and allow a free exchange of ideas and best practice that will not only assist countries undertaking reform processes, but will also serve to build closer links between government, academia and the private sector.
In addition, the greater visibility of customs and international trade that can be achieved by such a network is likely to attract more talented people to the industry and assist the sustainability of best practice in customs law and administration and international trade.
The INCU works in close cooperation with the WCO Capacity Building Directorate. The PICARD Programme is one of the main areas of collaboration between INCU and WCO.