Updated D17-2-1 – B2 Adjustment Request
CSBA has published an updated D17-2-1 – The Coding, Submission and Processing of Form B2 Canada Customs Adjustment Request.
This memorandum has been updated to:
- incorporate the information previously contained in Memorandum D17-2-1, Coding of Adjustment Request Forms, Interim Memorandum D17-2-1, Coding of Adjustment Request Forms, Memorandum D17-2-2, Processing of Adjustment Request Forms, and Customs Notice 12-004, Closing of the Pacific Regional Recourse Office;
- reflect organizational and operational changes of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA);
- update references to CBSA policies and forms;
- remove all references to B2, Canada Customs Adjustment Request blanket adjustment requests, due to the publication of Memorandum D17-2-4, Preparation and Presentation of Blanket Adjustment Requests; and,
- reflect changes due to the implementation of the Accounts Receivable Ledger (ARL).
In 2014 the CSCB was given an opportunity to comment on a draft version of this memo and we are pleased to report that many of our recommendations are included in this new D memo.
Please note that in the B2 examples, Field 19 - Description; justification for request; and explanation; have been left blank. For actual requests, this field must be completed.
As well, duty rates, excise taxes, and tariff classifications used in the examples are those in effect at the time of printing and should be verified before submitting a B2.
Questions regarding this updated D memo can be sent to the CSCB at firstname.lastname@example.org