The CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designation is the standard in the customs marketplace – recognized and demanded by those who use brokerage services throughout Canada.
Become a CCS
In order to become a CCS, an individual may successfully complete the CSCB CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) course, OR individuals who work for CSCB members and have at least two years’ work experience in the industry can achieve the designation by applying to challenge the examination (that is, writing the examination without enrolling in the CCS course).
Benefits of becoming a CCS
- CCS Today - a daily email covering technical, operational and educational information you need to guarantee the quality of service that will be expected from those with the CCS designation;
- A card and lapel pin recognizing your designation;
- Use of the designation of CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) next to your name;
- Secure job board featuring jobs posted by Canadian customs broker firms;
- Preferential registration fees for CSCB events; and
- Group home and auto insurance at preferred rates.
Certified Customs Specialists must renew their designations on an annual basis which ensures that they are up-to-date on new customs policies, administrative programs, and fast-changing international trade agreements. This includes annual reporting and payment requirements.
For more information, please watch our short video!