The goal of this module is to assist you in understanding the role of the customs broker, customs brokerage management, the scope of customs brokerage services, and the broker/client relationship, including how critical retention strategies and client satisfaction contribute to building a successful business.
The following topics are covered in this module:
- So You Want to be a “Customs Broker”
- Tools and Tips for Customs Brokers
- Role of the Customs Broker, Customs Brokerage Management and Brand
- Risk Management and Trade Facilitation
- Role of the Broker and Best Practices in Compliance
- Client Satisfaction and Retention Strategies – Defining Success Factors
- Customs Broker Performance and Measurement – Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Enrolment in the CTCS modules is available to CTCS Program participants and any person wishing to advance their knowledge on specific subjects of interest. You may enrol in a CTCS module at any time and have 180 days to complete it.
The fee for each CTCS module is CDN$395 plus applicable taxes.
There is a CDN$100 administrative fee if the CSCB receives written notice of withdrawal from a CTCS module prior to accessing the course materials. A refund of the tuition fees, minus a CDN$100 administrative fee per module will be issued. Students may withdraw from a CTCS module at any time; however, there will be no refund of tuition fees when notice of withdrawal is received after the course has been started.
If you're enrolled in the CTCS Program of Study to gain the CTCS designation and are purchasing a bundle, please review the withdrawal policy for specific bundles in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.
Academic Policy and Conditions
Further details about the CTCS modules are available in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.