The overall goal of this module is to teach you the importance of solid human resource management. Employed in a human resources role means you must be able to balance the needs and goals of the company and its employees – not always an easy task.
As a result of completing the lessons in this module, you should be able to:
- facilitate effective recruitment strategies, including interviewing techniques;
- appreciate the need for a written employment contract;
- analyze the benefits of using a confidentiality agreement;
- develop an effective compensation program;
- discern the need for job descriptions;
- set goals and measurements to achieve business goals;
- engage employees in goal setting;
- articulate the benefits of employee engagement;
- cite the three steps to managing poor performance; and
- comprehend risk mitigation strategies for employers.
Enrolment in the CTCS modules is available to CTCS Program participants and any person wishing to advance their knowledge on specific subjects of interest. You may enrol in a CTCS module at any time and have 180 days to complete a module.
The fee for each CTCS module is CDN$395 plus applicable taxes.
Academic Policy and Conditions
Further details about the CTCS modules, such as examinations, are available in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.
There is a CDN$100 administrative fee if the CSCB receives written notice of withdrawal from a CTCS module prior to accessing the course materials. A refund of the tuition fees, minus a CDN$100 administrative fee per module will be issued. Students may withdraw from a CTCS module at any time; however, there will be no refund of tuition fees when notice of withdrawal is received after the course has been started.
If you're enrolled in the CTCS Program of Study to gain the CTCS designation and are purchasing a bundle, please review the withdrawal policy for specific bundles in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.