The goal of this module is to assist you in supplying strategic rules of origin advice to importing and exporting clients.
The following topics are covered in this module:
- Rules of Origin and Trade Agreements
- Determination of Origin
- Canadian Legislative and Regulatory Context
- Canada’s GPT and LDC Regimes
- Reciprocal Preferential Trade Agreements – The NAFTA
- NAFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
- Determination of NAFTA Origin Criteria
- NAFTA Certificate of Origin
- U.S., Mexico, MUST Tariff Treatments
- Evolution of Rules of Origin in Canadian Preferential Trade Agreements
- A New Generation of Free Trade Agreements - TPP & CETA
Enrolment in the CTCS modules is available to CTCS Program participants and any person wishing to advance their knowledge on specific subjects of interest. You may enrol in a CTCS module at any time and have 180 days to complete a module.
The fee for each CTCS module is CDN$395 plus applicable taxes.
There is a CDN$100 administrative fee if the CSCB receives written notice of withdrawal from a CTCS module prior to accessing the course materials. A refund of the tuition fees, minus a CDN$100 administrative fee per module will be issued. Students may withdraw from a CTCS module at any time; however, there will be no refund of tuition fees when notice of withdrawal is received after the course has been started.
If you're enrolled in the CTCS Program of Study to gain the CTCS designation and are purchasing a bundle, please review the withdrawal policy for specific bundles in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.
Academic Policy and Conditions
Further details about the CTCS modules are available in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.