CSCB/CITT Webinar: Logistics of a COVID-19 Vaccine for Canada Recording
Panel 1: International Deployment
Distribution of COVID-19 vaccines has already begun. With none being manufactured in Canada, the movement of shipments of vaccine into Canada has to be both expedited and carefully controlled. International organizations have been hard at work identifying guidance of use to both business and governments, and these have been put into practice by border agencies worldwide. Hear about the work of the World Customs Organization (WCO) and IATA, and how that work has been reflected in the response of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to move vaccines across borders.
Moderator: Carol West, President & CEO Canadian Society of Customs Brokers
- Vyara Filipova, Technical Attache, World Customs Organization
- Andrea Gruber, Head, Special Cargo, IATA
- Fred Gaspar, Director General, Commercial Programs, Canada Border Services Agency
Panel 2: Deployment in Canada
Once a COVID-19 vaccine is in Canada, there is still much highly specialized work to be done from many different stakeholders. This part of the presentation will offer perspectives from organizations directly involved in various aspects of delivering the vaccine. You'll hear about the unique challenges - and their solutions - for the final leg of this extraordinary undertaking.
Moderator: Pina Melchionna, President & CEO, CITT
- Anonymous CSIS speaker
- Anonymous RCMP speaker
- Janet Wallace, Director, Cargo Transformation, Air Canada Cargo
- Michael Zahra, President & CEO, Drone Delivery Canada
- Nissa Mohomed Shariff, Sr. Director, Health Strategy - PwC
Topic(s):Release / COVID-19
Please note: Viewing a recorded webinar or listening to recorded audio does not qualify for CCS points/CTCS credits.