The CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) Program of Study is suitable for international trade compliance professionals looking to enhance their trade compliance knowledge. For more information on the CTCS designation, please refer to what is a CTCS designation?
An individual may enrol in the CTCS program, if he or she has 5 years of experience in a trade compliance environment. Your experience will be evaluated according to the CTCS program criteria. If eligible, you will be invited to proceed with enrolment in the CTCS modules, as described below.
Enrolment in the CTCS program is ongoing.
To earn the designation through the program, students are required to successfully complete 10 modules, 8 mandatory and 2 elective within 5 years of enrolling in the first module. All modules are offered online.
Mandatory modules (8):
While these modules may be taken in any order, we recommend selecting the courses in the following order.
- Transportation & Export Controls NEW!
- Harmonized System of Tariff Classification
- Rules of Origin and Trade Agreements
- GST/HST/PST/Excise Tax
- Valuation and Transfer Pricing
- Refunds, Duty Deferral and Remissions
- Customs Compliance, Verification and Audit
- Special Import Measures Act (SIMA) NEW!
Elective modules (select 2):
While these modules may be taken at any point during the CTCS Program of Study, students will be in a better position to understand them after completing the mandatory modules.
- Customs Brokerage Management and Client Relations
- Trusted Traders
- Importing Food
- Courier Low Value Shipment Program (CLVS)
- Human Resources
Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees
Please review the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees for details on program eligibility, fees, withdrawals, etc.