Student success and satisfaction are important to us at the CSCB. For that reason, we are excited to announce that we are moving the CTCS modules to our new platform, Brightspace, where students will benefit from a more interactive learning experience designed to meet the diverse requirements of adult learners.
We are confident you will find Brightspace easy to use and more accessible across your electronic devices. Brightspace also facilitates progress tracking, easy self-evaluation, forum discussions, and most importantly final exams will be available any day and any time you are ready to write without having to schedule them!
CTCS Program Structure Change
We are taking this opportunity to make small structural changes to the mandatory module requirement. Specifically, the Freight and Documentation and Export Controls and Documentation modules will be replaced by a new Transportation & Export Controls module. We are also introducing a new mandatory module on the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA).
If you wish to complete the program in the “old” stream, registration for the Freight and Documentation and the Export Controls and Documentation modules will be permanently closing on June 1st, 2023, and both modules have to be completed by July 28, 2023. If you wish to complete the program in the “new” stream, registration for the new Transportation & Export Controls and the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA) modules will be opening on June 1st, 2023; access to those modules will become available in August.
Comparison of the old CTCS program stream to the new CTCS program stream
What Does it All Mean for You?
The big transition into Brightspace will be held between July 31 to August 4, 2023! During this time, access to all modules will be closed.
- If you have purchased a module but have not started it as of July 28, there is nothing for you to do. You will be able to start the module in Brightspace from August on.
- If you have started a module, you may consider completing it by July 28, otherwise, your enrolment will be moved to Brightspace and you will start the module from the beginning with the full 180-day access.
Specifically, regarding the old vs the new stream:
Because we are adding a new mandatory module (Special Import Measures Act) and are combining the Freight and Documentation and the Export Controls and Documentation modules into one module (Transportation & Export Controls), there are many possible approaches to this transition. Answer the following questions to find a scenario that applies to you and its possible outcomes:
The take away
As you can see, there are many scenarios in the transition from the "old" stream to the "new" stream of the CTCS program, and where you end up depends on your enrolment status in the Freight and Documentation and/or the Export Controls and Documentation modules.
The simplest approach to the transition follows:
- wait for the new Brightspace versions of the modules if you have purchased a module but not started it;
- complete the modules you have started before July 28th;
- if you have completed both the Freight and Documentation and the Export Controls and Documentation modules, you do not need to complete the SIMA module to graduate, but you may wish to take it as an elective.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask at email@example.com.