The overall goal of the modules is to introduce you to what's involved in arranging transportation, and the process of exporting goods from Canada.
The following topics are covered in this module:
- Transportation Basics
- Letters of Credit, Other Types of Payment and Insurance
- Incoterms® and Documentation
- Shipping Dangerous Goods
- Cargo Security and eManifest
- Exporting from Canada
- Export Reporting Methods
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Carrier, Freight Forwarder and Other Service Providers
- Reporting of Export Shipments Subject to Export Controls
- Export Reporting- US and non-US Destinations
- Exporters Be Aware
- Administrative Monetary Penalties (AMPS), Seizures and Ascertained Forfeitures
Enrolment in the CTCS modules is available to CTCS Program participants and any person wishing to advance their knowledge on specific subjects of interest. You may enrol in a CTCS module at any time and have 180 days to complete a module.
The fee for each CTCS module is CDN$395 plus applicable taxes.
Academic Policy and Conditions
Further details about the CTCS modules, such as examinations, are available in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.
There is a CDN$100 administrative fee if the CSCB receives written notice of withdrawal from a CTCS module prior to accessing the course materials. A refund of the tuition fees, minus a CDN$100 administrative fee per module will be issued. Students may withdraw from a CTCS module at any time; however, there will be no refund of tuition fees when notice of withdrawal is received after the course has been started.
If you're enrolled in the CTCS Program of Study to gain the CTCS designation and are purchasing a bundle, please review the withdrawal policy for specific bundles in the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees.