CSCB will be in Halifax on June 1, 2023 to present an in-person session about the key changes still to be implemented under CARM. This session, held in collaboration with key CBSA CARM Team members, will be a full-day seminar, with the opportunity to ask questions.
Do you have a list of CARM questions? Here are some of ours which will be addressed at the event.
- Financial Security – what needs to be done to benefit from Release Prior to Payment in Release 2?
- CARM Client Help Desk – how will it be structured in Release 2 and with how many people?
- Billing Cycles – what will change and how can you prepare?
- CAD Elements/adjustments – what are they and what will an adjustment look like?
- Payments: What changes in CARM Release 2 and who can make payment inside and outside of the portal?
- C Types - introducing the CSCB’s new C Type Process map.
- Reports in CARM – what stays and what goes?
- Temporary entries – how are they done in CARM Release 2?
- Pre-CARM/Drawbacks/mass adjustments – what you need to know about the functionality in CARM Release 2
- CES (CARM Experience Simulation) update
Date: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
1496 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3Z1
7 CCS points and 7 CTCS credits will be awarded for attending.
- 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. – Coffee served
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Financial Security including Q&A
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Key elements of CARM
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Coffee Break
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Q & A
Registration fee includes: two coffee breaks and a lunch
|Principals and Employees of CSCB Member Firms and CSCB Preferred Business Clients, CCS and CTCS Designates||$ 95.00
(discount* and taxes applied at checkout)
|All others||$ 150.79
(taxes applied at checkout)
Reservations in your group block can be made online until Wednesday, May 17 using the below booking link: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1684167375787&key=GRP. Attendees will be able to book for May 31st to June 1st stay. Those looking to stay outside these dates may book them online at https://www.marriott.com/yhzfp.
Four Points Halifax offers overnight parking for $25.00 plus tax per day. The hotel’s parkade can accommodate vehicles 6’2 and under only, with access to the parkade beginning at 3pm on day of check-in. Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis only. The entrance to the parkade is located on the right-hand side of Hollis Street just after the front doors of the hotel and can be accessed prior to checking in through the use of the intercom system located at the entrance of the garage.
The hotel suggests the use of MetroPark for alternate parking – cost breakdowns are available on their website.
Registration will be cancelled and a refund issued only when written instruction is received at least 7 days prior to the event by the CSCB National Office. Substitution is available; please contact us for information on the substitution policy for this event.