The CSCB (Canadian Society of Customs Brokers) actively seeks and achieves improvements in government policies and procedures on behalf of our members and their clients, and consistently delivers relevant, high quality products and services, including education and professional development. The CSCB creates member value and benefits through education, advocacy, information and innovation.
- Provides advice and guidance to Canadian and international bodies on new policy directions and represents the interests of customs brokers to government departments and agencies, primarily the Canada Border Services Agency, involved in regulating and facilitating international trade.
- Works with government and other private sector stakeholders to develop new, innovative solutions to the future needs of the international trade community, as these needs are identified by our members and their clients.
- Ensures that our members have access to timely, accurate and up-to-date information on technical, operational and business management issues.
- Supports the education and professional development needs of our members through conferences, seminars, educational courses and the CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) and CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) designations.
- Promotes the value of customs brokers to all members of the supply chain.
The CSCB is one of the most authoritative, respected organizations in Canada's international trade community. The CSCB includes over 175 customs broker members, over 4,400 CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) designates, over 250 CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) designates, and more than 700 students on an annual basis.