Hot topics in tax for 2016 - Updates that will impact your business
7:30 am – 8:00 am
Breakfast and registration
8:00 am – 9:00 am
Kelowna Golf & Country Club
1297 Glenmore Dr.
Kelowna, BC V1Y 4P4
Deloitte Tax Law LLP and the Touchstone Law Group LLP invite you to a tax law update for 2016, designed for business owners and professionals of all types. This is your opportunity to discuss hot tax topics for 2016 and learn what you need to know. Hosts Daniel Kiselbach and Ryan Adkin of Deloitte Tax Law will provide information on common tax pitfalls, what to do if the Canada Revenue Agency comes knocking and how key changes to Federal and Provincial tax laws may impact you and your business.
- The anatomy of a tax dispute: Resolving assessments
- “Hot Button” tax dispute issues:
- Directors’ liability for unpaid corporate tax: The due diligence defense
- Employees v. independent contractors: Mistaken identity risks
- Assessments arising from transfers by tax debtors to related parties
- Fixing tax planning errors: rectification
- Things to keep an eye on:
- The 2016 Provincial Budget: key changes
- The 2016 Federal Budget: looking forward
Daniel Kiselbach, Partner, Deloitte Tax Law LLP
Ryan Adkin, Associate, Deloitte Tax Law LLP
Daniel was a speaker at the CTCS breakfast at the 2015 CSCB national conference in Kelowna..
To register, please contact Stephanie Von Zuben by Email or (604)640-5076.
*Three 1-hour events qualify for 5 CCS points and/or CTCS credits. Please provide evidence of attendance in any three of the listed 1-hour events.