The CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) Program of Study is suitable for international trade compliance professionals looking to enhance their trade compliance knowledge. For more information on the CTCS designation, please refer to what is a CTCS designation?
An individual may enrol if he or she has 5 years of experience in a trade compliance environment.
To earn the designation through the program, program entrants are required to successfully complete 10 modules, 8 mandatory and 2 elective within 5 years of enrolling in the first module. All modules are offered online.
Mandatory modules (8):
- Harmonized System of Tariff Classification
- Valuation and Transfer Pricing
- Rules of Origin and Trade Agreements
- GST/HST/PST/Excise Tax
- Refunds, Duty Deferral and Remissions
- Customs Compliance, Verification and Audit
- Export Controls and Documentation
- Freight and Documentation
Elective modules (select 2):
- Customs Brokerage Management and Client Relations
- Trusted Traders
- Importing Food
- Courier Low Value Shipment Program (CLVS)
- Human Resources
Enrolment in the CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) program is ongoing.
The enrolment is a two-step process:
- Complete the CTCS Program Entry Application. We will evaluate your work experience according to the CTCS Program criteria and we will confirm by email, within 2 weeks of your application, whether you are eligible to enrol.
- Eligible candidates will be presented with the options for enrolment in the available CTCS modules.
Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees
Please review the Academic Policy, Conditions and Fees for details on program eligibility, fees, withdrawals, etc.